You have made the decision to divorce or separate; the rest will be uncertain.
We know that making the necessary financial decisions during divorce can add significantly to the emotional strain you are already experiencing. Confusion and anxiety, plus the added stress of securing a stable financial future for you and your children, will leave you asking questions such as:
- How do we come to a financial settlement on divorce?
- How do we ensure that both parties are okay and can cope financially on divorce?
- Where will we live after we divorce and how will we pay for it?
- What do we need to do with our family home and mortgage when we divorce?
- Do I need to buy a new home when we divorce? Can I afford it?
- Will our children be able to live the same way they did before we divorced?
- How do we split our assets when we divorce?
- What do we do with our pensions on divorce?
- What’s the financial impact of our divorce over the short, medium and long term?
- What’s the future going to look like once we are divorced?
We work with men and women, couples and individuals, who are going through divorce, dissolution or separation. We work in Altrincham, Manchester, Cheshire and beyond to help people secure their future in the face of divorce.
You are most likely:
- Aged 45-60
- A parent
- Living in the Altrincham, Manchester or Cheshire area
- A home owner with a mortgage
- Early on in your divorce journey and unsure of the next steps
We work best with people who:
- Do not want a confrontational approach
- Have the best interests of their children at heart
- Have already made the decision to separate
- Are prepared to do their homework
We want the best possible outcome for your family and finances. If you feel that what we’ve said describes you, we can help you design your future life: one that is stable, successful and secure.
If you choose us, we will:
- Help you make sense of everything. This is a confusing time, but we have the ability to show you what the future will look like.
- Work with you as an individual or as a couple. We understand that this is often not realistic, but we find that working collaboratively achieves the best results.
- Work together with the important players:
- Your lawyer, to ensure the legal and financial aspects are joined
- Where necessary, we will refer out to other professionals such as mortgage advisers, counsellors and divorce coaches, to help achieve collaborative solutions that will build your financial future
- Help you to accept compromises that allow you to progress with your new future. This isn’t about winning or losing; it’s about finding the best way to start this next chapter of your life.
- Ultimately, we will guide you as you navigate the financial implications that arise as a result of divorce:
- Short term: paying the bills, minimising the impact on your children’s lives and living where you want to
- Medium term: paying off your mortgage, giving your children the best opportunities possible and living the life you want
- Long term: making sure you can still retire on your terms and ensuring that the financial implications of divorce don’t linger for years and decades to come